About this policy
How to contact us
To contact us, please email us at email@example.com.
The types of data we hold about you
The data and information we hold and process about you consists of the following:
Information about you:
Email address, phone number (optional)
Address for delivery of any works of art purchased
Information relating to your enquiries and orders:
Your purchase transactions
Your purchase orders
- Identification checks as an art market participant under the Money Laundering Regulation in which Guts Gallery is registered
Your payment information and payment history
Order delivery, fulfilment and returns information
Any information you include in forms completed on our website.
Your activity online:
Your content and works of art
Your professional artist information, including, but not limited to personal details [include other information about sellers here]
Any other content that you supply
Communications between you and us, including queries, problems, support and including via e-mails, web-forms, and telephone.
Technical information when you visit our website
Web browser information including your browser brand (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome)
Operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, OSX, Android)
IP address (a unique identifier allocated to your computer for your connection to the internet).
Information relation to your use of our website, including where you visited our website from, and what pages you visit on our website.
How we obtain your data
We obtain your data through a variety of means, including:
Forms you fill in / data you provide:
• From forms which you complete and submit on our website
• From printed forms which you obtain from our website or us
• Data we collect face-to-face, or by means of e-mail or telephone
b. Other information you supply
• From the data, information and images you post, upload or otherwise provide to our website.
• From any other information you supply from time to time, including through telephone calls, emails and other communications between you and us.
• From any information supplied by other users of our site and other customers.
c. Generated Information
• From information generated by us as a result of dealings, transactions and communications with you, including supplying any goods or services to you, providing the functionality of our website and dealing with queries, support requests and complaints.
d. Technical Information
• From information which is automatically supplied by your web-browser when you visit our website.
• From information recorded by our server when you view any page on our website.
5. Our use of your data
We use your data for the following operational purposes:-
a. Operate and improve our website
• To provide our website and its features and functionality.
• To analyse the performance of and improve our website.
• To keep you informed with status or other administrative notices.
b. Supply of goods and services
• To perform each order from you for the supply of goods and services.
• To collect payments due from you.
c. General administration
• To monitor our staff.
• To communicate with you for administrative and support purposes.
• To manage complaints, disputes and claims.
• To enforce our contracts and terms and bring claims.
[d. Marketing e-mails and communications
We will also use your data to send you marketing materials and newsletters relating to our website, products, services and events, but only where you have consented to this and you have not withdrawn your consent. ]
6. Possible disclosure of your data
a. Our contractors and suppliers
Where we use third parties to provide or supply any part of our website or any goods, services, events, insurance or other things, or to enforce or administer any contracts or terms, then we may provide your data to them as reasonably required for those purposes, including to the artists from whom work is purchased from, delivery agents, payment processors, and insurers.
Your data may be held by them as data processor on our behalf, in which case we will remain the data controller, and your data will only be held and used by them on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and this policy. Your data will also only be held or as long as it is required to undertake their services.
In some cases, your data may need to be provided to them to be used by them for their own purposes, as data controller, where this is reasonably necessary, for the purposes of provision of any goods, services, insurance, event etc. by them. In such case, they should inform you separately that they are holding your data as data controller.
b. Legal requirements
We may supply your data to a government authority where required to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, or where reasonably required to protect your vital interests.
c. Claims handling
We may disclose your identity to any third party who is making any claim against us, or where it is necessary for us to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
7. Where we process your data
We and our contractors and suppliers normally store and process your data in the United Kingdom. However, we and our contractors and suppliers may from time to time store and process your data elsewhere, including outside the UK or the European Economic Area. This may be because our contractor or supplier who carries out any order fulfilment or payment processing, for instance, may be based elsewhere.
If your data is to be stored or processed outside the UK or the European Economic Area, we will comply with, and take all reasonable steps to ensure our contractors and suppliers comply with, the rules under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
8. Cookies that we use
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
9. Your rights
You have the right to:
request from us access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data
request that we restrict processing concerning you
object to our processing of the data
data portability, where applicable
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the manner in which, or otherwise, in which we process your personal data.
If you would like to exercise one of the rights set out above, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Third-Party Websites
11. Changes to this policy